Go to: FeaturesReadership
Inspiring, engaging and evocative
Globe Travel explores destinations both at home and in far-flung destinations across the world. Whatever the trip or mode of transportation, Globe Travel is a globe trotter's go-to source for the week's best travel bargains and to get the inside scoop on hotels, restaurants and attractions. And while our readers are passionate about traveling for leisure, many also travel throughout the year for business.
Advertising featuresWhether you're marketing upscale, niche vacation packages, last-minute sell-offs, or travel-related accessories and equipment, an ad in Globe Travel will help you reach enthusiastic travellers who are ready to 'take flight'. It's also an ideal place to reach corporate travel planners responsible for executive travel and business conference arrangements.
We invite you to explore more about advertising in Globe Travel and the opportunities available.
- Vibrant, enriching colour photography and advertising throughout the section.
- Special section themes throughout the year - i.e., The Fall Ski Issue.
- Front page banner and full outer back page ad positions available.
- Runs Saturday as a stand-alone section in all editions.
- Is a feature in Thursday's Life section, in the Metro and National editions.
- Is the dedicated theme for Tuesday's Life section, in the Metro and National editions.
Creative optionsTo enhance your brand's message and deliver it with impact, choose from one of the following ad formats:
Globe Travel is the ideal place for advertisers to target the affluent, the educated and the upwardly mobile because, on average, our readers love to travel more than most Canadians. For example:
Related case studies
A multi-platform Custom Contest, created for Tourism Ireland that leveraged Globe readers’ interest in culture and travel to establish Ireland as a preferred holiday destination.
Read the case study >
Read the case study >
- The average maximum that a Saturday Globe reader spent on a vacation trip was $4,484 on a vacation, or 27% more than the average Canadian*.
- 57% of Saturday national Globe readers took two or more vacations in the past year*.
- The average maximum that a weekday Globe reader spent on a vacation was $4,599 on a vacation trip, which is 30% higher than the national average*.
- 76% of Globe readers have taken overnight personal trips in the past year*.
- Globe weekday readers are 60% more likely than the average Canadian to have taken 12 or more business trips last year.*
- The Globe and Mail is read by more senior managers than any other weekday newspaper in Canada, and frequent business travelers are key influencers in selecting destinations.**
* Source: NADbank 2011, 20 national product markets (average amounts spent over the past three years).
** Source: NADbank 2012, 47 national readership markets.
Need more information?Contact a Globe representative for helpful advice, a quick quote or to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.