10 easy ways to generate branded Facebook content
Posted: May 28, 2012 | 15:14 ET by Tessa Wegert
No brand marketer can fully understand the scope of work involved in maintaining a
social media presence until they've launched a Facebook page. Regrettably, by the time
the resource-sucking reality sinks in, the commitment has already been made. It's a daily
struggle: what to post that's relevant to your product or service, interesting to the
consumer, and likely to incite a response? Here are ten great ideas to keep you going.
- Post links to relevant articles and blog posts penned by your employees.
- Link to positive articles about your product and company that have been written
- Post up-to-the-minute pictures of your company operations behind the scenes.
- Explain how your product can be used for timely events, such as a switch to a
new season or a holiday.
- Cite current movies, TV specials, and other pop culture items to offer your brand
relevant take on what's hot.
- Promote your contests and sweepstakes by including the end date and a link to
- Showcase products in need of a sales boost by posting their distinguishing
- Poll your fans on what they love most about your product, and respond to their
- Play games with your fans by giving them clues about your products and asking
them to guess the flavour, model, style, lipstick shade, or paint colour of the day.
- Ask a brand-related question, and let your fans create the content for you.
Read more Interactive Strategist< Next PostPrevious Post >
Tessa Wegert is a veteran media strategist with a background in media planning and buying, content development, ad copywriting, and campaign management. As a prominent industry writer she has been covering digital marketing and technology for leading newspapers and trade publications for over a decade. Connect with her on Twitter (@tessawegert) and LinkedIn.