Showcase your brand in video
Globe video advertising opportunities empower advertisers to showcase products and services in dynamic ways, either integrated into our advertising display formats or in pre-roll video ad placements that preceed our video content.
Generating over 1.28 million views each month, Globe videos have a high completion rate of 72%.
Source: Omniture 3 month avg. to September 2012
Advertising OpportunitiesVideo enables you to reach our engaged audience, leveraging existing broadcast-quality promotional materials and strengthening your messaging with supporting creative and interactive ad formats.
Over 200 Globe videos are produced each month, supported by extensive content provided by our media partners (AP Video, CTV News,CP and Reuters). Advertisers can insert pre-roll content into a diverse range video content across our News, Report on Business, Globe Drive, Sports, Arts and Life sections, each day.
Video formats and specifications
Related case studies
A collaboration between The Globe, Ford Canada and its advertising, PR and media agencies that created ‘On the Road with AmberMac,’ an entertaining online campaign that fuelled consumer awareness for the launch of the 2012 Ford Focus.
Read the case study >
Read the case study >
Our current specifications for online videos are as follows:
- All videos must be supplied as high quality formats: MPEG, Windows Media Video (.wmv), QuickTime (.mov) or Flash video (.flv) and in final edited format.
- Minimum 2Mbps Raw file size (eg. Minimum 3.75Mb for a 15 second video / Minimum 7.5Mb for a 30 second video) - preferred bit rate of 500kbps
- Duration: 30 seconds or less
- Maximum size: Video player is 576 x 324px
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 is preferable 4:3 is acceptable and will appear with black bars on left and right of video
- Frame Rate: 30 fps recommended (standard frame rate)
Important to know:
- Advertisers must clear the online rights on any videos they submit.
- Pre-roll videos are sold with corresponding 300 x 250 big box ads at the side of the page on which the videos appears. This gives interested viewers somewhere to click for more advertiser information.
- The Fast Forward button on Globe videos that contain ads is disabled. Accordingly, users must view entire ads in order to see the editorial content they're after.
- Pricing is based on CPMs.
- Only final edits will be accepted.
A Format with Immediate ImpactGlobe video content is expanding every day and we are continually creating new content, including specially produced video features from our team of online editors.
Ask your Globe representative about how online video can be an effective part of your media plan.